The Fondation Alliance Française has launched the 7th edition of its yearly international photography contest! The theme this year is: “Fashion and Dress Codes”.
Like many other Alliances Françaises in the world, Alliance Française Accra takes part in the contest and will introduce the photos of its local winner to the Fondation Alliance Française for the final stage of the contest. Eventually the jury of the Fondation Alliance Française will select the photo contest winner whose name will be published before 31 December 2017.
A TRIP TO PARIS AND INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE
The winner will be awarded travel and expenses for a one-week stay in Paris.
Some of the photos submitted by the finalists and the grand prize winner, selected by the jury, will be displayed within a group exhibition in famous Parisian spaces (Espace culturel Louis Vuitton, galerie agnès b., galerie de la Cité internationale des arts, galerie Taïss, galerie Arcturus). The exhibition will then travel around the world within the Alliances Françaises.
A photo book of the contest is published every year and the contest partners make sure the contest is known thanks to publications in newspapers such as Courrier International and Photo magazine, which will feature a special edition on the contest in 2017.
- Launch of the contest in Accra: Wednesday, 10 May 2017
- Closing of the contest in Accra: Sunday, 18 June 2017
- Selection of the photos by the jury in Paris: November 2017
- Exhibition Opening in Paris: November to December 2017
- Exhibition World Tour: December 2017 to December 2019
- Be major legally
- Be an amateur photographer
- Send original and not previously published photos
- Send 2 photos only
- Participants shall transfer to the Fondation Alliance française exclusive usage rights